Your car probably isn’t just a car to you, it’s much more; it’s an investment and maybe even part of your family. That’s why it’s important to arm your vehicle with a security system to ensure your car stays your car.
While thefts are down dramatically since their all-time high in 1992, thousands of vehicles continue to be stolen each year. From 2007 through 2015, motor vehicle theft dropped from 1.1 million to 686,803 vehicles. However, in the past two years, motor vehicle theft rates have bounced back – increasing 10%. Meanwhile, “smash and grab” car break-ins are still a frequent occurrence across the United States.
While the introduction of “smart key” fobs has widely eliminated motor theft via hot-wiring, thieves are continuing to cost drivers billions of dollars a year in damage and stolen goods. In 2016 alone, $5.9 billion was lost due to motor vehicle theft and intrusion. Thus, it is absolutely essential that drivers do whatever they can do deter, detect, and prevent theft of their vehicles.
Is Factory Alarm Really Enough?
Your vehicle probably came from the factory with some small security system, but all that really means is you have keyless entry and an audible alarm.
- Keyless Entry – Most vehicles come standard with a remote key fob that allows drivers to conveniently lock and unlock their doors from 30 – 40 feet away. While the vehicle is locked, your vehicle will monitor your doors, so if you someone manages to open the door, the alarm will be triggered.
- Alarm – If an intrusion is detected (door opened while locked), the vehicle’s alarm will start to sound, alerting people nearby. Most standard security systems simply use the vehicle’s horn.
Is this really enough to deter someone from stealing from you? How often have you heard a nearby car alarm and simply ignored it?
Get an Aftermarket Security System
Adding an aftermarket security system can be the key to feeling safer and ensuring you don’t become a victim of car theft or break in. The following features come standard in most Compustar Security Systems:
- Impact Detection – Compustar security systems include dual-stage shock sensors that detect two levels of impact, both of which provide unique warning chirps from the alarm siren.
- Theft Deterrent LED – While your system is armed and the doors are locked, this LED will bling a bright blue light, signaling to car thieves that your vehicle is protected.
- Starter Kill – While your system is armed, Compustar will safely disable your vehicle’s starter until you disarm your system.
- Alarm Siren – A Compustar alarm siren is loud, really loud. This ensures anyone messing with your vehicle will have a terrible experience doing so.
- 2-Way Alert Compatible – Pair your security system with a compatible 2-Way LCD remote or event the SmartPhone application, DroneMobile, and you’ll be alerted as soon as your alarm is triggered.
Customize Your Security System
Looking for even more protection to fit your specific needs? We offer many customizable add-ons for your security system too!
*Some vehicles may require additional parts and labor. Not all enhancements are compatible with every vehicle or every security system.