Dash Cameras – Because You Never Know What Might Happen on the Road.
What is a Dash Cam?
Dash cameras, or “dash cams”, are security devices that record and monitor activity around your vehicle. They are most often found mounted to the front windshield or on the car’s dashboard, hence the name “dash cam”.
Dash cameras protect you, your loved ones, and your vehicle by providing video and audio evidence of any on-road or off-road incidents. Advanced dash cameras offer additional peace of mind with features like parking mode, full HD resolution, and dual-channel.
Why Do I Need a Dash Cam?
- Keep and extra eye on your ride. Dash cam systems all include front and rear cameras to provide up to 270º of surveillance coverage.
- While you’re driving. When you’re on the road, these cameras uses looping technology to constantly record activity and overwrite older footage. If your cam detects impact, it will store footage from the incident in a separate folder so it won’t be deleted.
- While you’re parked. Dash cams have your back even when your vehicle is parked. They have built-in motion and impact sensors to start recording before and after something happens around your vehicle.
- Instant Video Proof: With recorded footage, you can quickly expedite insurance claims or prevent insurance fraud.
Benefits of Having a Dash Cam
- Deters fraudulent insurance claims. If you get into an accident, you’ll have proof as to what happened and the other party can’t really fight it if it’s on video.
- Can prevent theft. Dash cams are a form of security, and if a thief seeing they are being recorded they’ll be less likely to mess with your ride.
- Peace of mind for new drivers. Have a teen driver you want to keep an eye on? a dash cam can help you review their driving to make sure they’re safe at all time.
- Record your roadtrips. Keep lasting memories of special drives, like cross-country roadtrip scenery.