How to Give a Remote Starter as a Gift
Thinking of gifting someone a remote car starter this year for the Holidays? (We think that’s a great idea by the way!) But not sure how to get their car, bring it here, and have it installed? Don’t worry, we can help you easily gift a remote starter.
Shopping for a Remote Starter
First, you’ll need to pick out which remote car starter system you want to gift. Here are the things you’ll need to consider when shopping:
- Where do they park their car normally? If they typically park close to their house or work you might only need to get them a one-way remote start. If they park further away, like a large parking lot, they may benefit from a two-way remote starter with further operating range.
- Do they want/need extra features like trunk release or rear defrost? Adding those extra conveniences sometimes really makes a difference between a good gift and a great gift! (*Not compatible on all vehicles).
- Will a simple starter meet their needs or do they need full control of their vehicle? We offer simple one button systems to start, lock and unlock. We also have systems that come with LCD/LED remotes so they’ll have access to manage all their car’s alerts. Or, you can give them the ultimate in vehicle control with DroneMobile, letting them control their vehicle from a smartphone app.
- Take a look at our selection on our website: HERE
Not sure where to start or what they might need? We can walk you through all these decisions and help you pick out the best remote car starter for everyone on your list.
Technical Stuff We Need to Know
You might think it’s as easy as just picking one out but there are a few technical things we’ll need to know about their vehicle too. With this information, we’ll be able to ensure a smooth installation of the remote start system you pick out for their gift.
- What is the year, make, and model of their vehicle?
- Is their car a push to start or a key start?
- Do they drive a standard or manual transmission?
Once we have this information we’ll be able to guide you on exactly the right remote start system for their vehicle.
How to (Actually) Give the Remote Starter as a Gift
Now, you might be wondering (or worried) about how you’ll actually give the gift to them, or how to get it installed in their vehicle. Good news is you can definitely put a remote start under the tree and there’s no need to bring us their vehicle beforehand. You have a few options for giving the gift:
- Once you pick out and purchase the remote start system, we’ll simply give you the box with the remote start and parts (so they’ll have something to open!). Plus, we’ll give you a certificate to put with it that explains it includes installation and how they can reach out to us directly to schedule the installation.
- If you couldn’t pick one out or maybe couldn’t give us all the technical information we needed, we can give you a rough estimate and you can purchase a gift card in that amount for them to use and pick out their own system.
We make giving the gift of a warm and toasty car extremely easy and we’re here to help you make holiday wishes come true! Visit one of our stores or contact us today to start shopping for everyone on your list.