All remote starters are not treated equally, especially when comparing the aftermarket ones we install with factory systems. Below we’ve listed the main benefits of an aftermarket remote start system,
Aftermarket Remote Start vs. Factory Remote Start
- You don’t need a new car to have new car tech! Compustar (the remote start brand we carry!) remote start systems can be installed in over 90% of vehicles on the road. This includes many manual transmission vehicles, diesels, hybrids, and luxury models.
- Aftermarket systems are simply more powerful and more reliable than most OEM or Factory remote start systems.
- Aftermarket remote starts offer further operating range. With some working up to 3miles away from the vehicle, with upgrades available to remote start from your phone. OEM remote starts typically just have the same range as the factory key fob, which can sometime be less than 100 ft.
- 2-way confirmation is not a thing with factory remote starts. There are aftermarket systems with LED and LCD screens that confirm to you that your vehicle has received the remote start command and in fact started. Without 2-way, you could walk outside to find your command failed without you knowing and the vehicle never started.
- Aftermarket remotes are fully customizable. We can program your new remote to control other vehicle features too, like rolling down your windows, popping the trunk, opening sliding doors, and even integrating alarm systems too.
- Longer run times. With a Compustar remote start system, you can choose from how long you want the run time of your remote start to be, up to a maximum of 45 mins. Most OEM remote starts have a run time of just 10 minutes or less, which sometimes isn’t enough time to get your car warm and de-frosted how you like it.