Pretty much everyone has an opinion on which is better; leather or cloth seats. If you’re still deciding or thinking about upgrading your interior with Katzkin Leather installed by us, then let’s discuss a few pros and cons.
- Simply put, it’s luxurious, whether it’s your own opinion or just its reputation.
- And the smell…admit it, there’s nothing like it.
- Most top notch leathers are comfortable, soft, and supple.
- Easy to clean accidental liquid spills or wipe up crumbs from too (those with children might understand all too well!)
- Adds to a vehicle’s resale value
Leather Interior Cons:
- Leather is significantly more expensive than cloth.
- Too hot or too cold seats. (But hey, that’s what seat heat and cooling systems are for, right?)
- While yes, it’s easy to clean, it also has to be maintained. If you don’t pay enough attention to your leather, over time it can harden, crack, and show wear.
Cloth Interior Pros:
- Cloth is more affordable than leather. (Yes, we said leather is comfortable too – a pro for both!) No sticking to the seat, or sliding around like with leather.
- The temperature of the seat won’t fluctuate with the weather. Cloth seats don’t swing from one temperature extreme to the other.
- Low maintenance. Regular vehicle vacuuming can basically do the trick for regular up keep.
Cloth Interior Cons:
- They stain more easily and can be difficult to clean. Depending on the circumstance, cloth seats could need to be steam cleaned.
- The ‘new car’ smell doesn’t last. Cloth absorbs odor and can give your vehicle certain unpleasant scents if not careful.
- Doesn’t really affect resale value compared to leather
We can’t tell you which one to choose for your vehicle, it truly is a personal preference and depends heavily on your lifestyle and purpose of the vehicle. What we can guarantee is if you choose to install new Leather interior by Katzkin you’ll know you’re getting the best quality and the best install around. Contact us today to talk options for your vehicle, including custom colors, materials, and event accent stitching. We’ll be happy to help you build your dream leather interior.