Sure, you’ve seen a dash cam before, but you probably only think Police Officers or professional Truck drivers need them, think again! They can be extremely useful to everyone, especially when a dreaded accident occurs.
- Provides a full record of an incident. Some dash cameras are motion detections cameras meaning you won’t have to remember to turn it on, it’ll record automatically. Every time you drive, you’ll have a full record of your habits, route, and any incidents that might occur. Not only will you have a comprehensive record of said incident, but it could come in handy if your vehicle’s is involved in a hit and run or if you’re dealing with an uninsured driver. A dash cam provides full proof that you can hand over to the authorities if needed.
- Defends a driver from liability. If an incident isn’t your fault, you’ll have proof. Dealing with insurance companies is never fun, and with a dash cam you’ll be able to provide proof and protect yourself from being blamed in an incident. Some dash cams even provide data of an accident, such as speed, GPS location, and more. (Very helpful in the event of an accident)
- Records other drivers. A dash camera is also capable of recording other drivers, providing evidence of drunk drivers, bad drivers, and road rage incidents too.
- Surveillance on young and new drivers. As a parent, having a child of driving age can be scary, a dash cam can keep track of your teen’s driving habits to help turn them into better drivers and help keep them safe (not to mention peace of mind for a parent). They can also be used as GPS system because the camera will show where a driver has been.
- Keep memories of road trips. Dash cams record when your car is moving, so you’ll get comprehensive footage of all your memorable road trips on Route 66.
- Capture Crimes. Ever come out of a crowded mall to find dings and scratches your car? Or ever wake up to find someone smashed your window to steal your stereo and rip up your dash? A dash cam will record all of that, so you’ll be able to provide proof to authorities or insurance companies.
There are a lot of everyday uses for a dash cam, so if you’re thinking about getting one for your vehicle, let us help. We can walk you through all the options and brands we carry and find the best camera for your car!